The following was Maryam Namazie’s speech at a free speech march in Trafalgar Square in London on March 25, 2006.
- In Iran, Tehran bus workers demanding their rights have been arrested, including their wives and children, and some tortured.
- In Afghanistan, teachers defending the right of girls to an education are threatened with death.
- In Iraq, women’s rights activists are threatened for demanding equality and freedom.
- In Iran, journalists who published a satirical article comparing the advent of Khomeini to AIDS are languishing in prison…
- In Yemen, Mohammad Al Asadi, an editor, is facing execution for recounting how Mohammad approved of the killing of a woman who had insulted him.
The list is endless…
Too many more nameless, faceless human … Read the rest